Research Grant Programs
Supporting liver research across Canada is a critical part of the CLF's mandate. Our research grant program helps ensure the search for treatments and cures continues by:
- supporting the potential for major breakthroughs;
- retaining existing talent in Canada and potentially attracting new talent from abroad;
- raising the profile of hepatology in academic and medical circles, and;
- helping to entice young doctors to enter the field of liver research.
To learn more about our grant program and how to apply, follow the links on the left.
The CLF is pleased to announce the 2015 research grant competition is now open. Funds are available to award five operating grants and three summer studentships.
- One operating grant may be awarded to a researcher in Canada whose research project is related to hepatitis C;
- One operating grant may be awarded to a researcher in Ontario whose research project is related to liver cancer;
- Three operating grants may be awarded to researchers in Canada whose projects are related to hepatobiliary research.
- Two summer studentships may be awarded to students in British Columbia whose projects are related to hepatobiliary research;
- One summer studentship may be awarded to a student in Atlantic Canada whose project is related to hepatobiliary research.
For details, please refer to the respective grant application guidelines and forms which are available here The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2015.