Old-Fashioned Baked Apples
With autumn right around the corner, we’ve curated an Old-Fashioned Baked Apple Recipe with warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg for a delicious dessert or decadent snack that’s liver friendly.
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 apples
- 4 apples (Sweet apples like Honeycrisp, Ambrosia, Gala, and Golden Delicious apples work great)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped pecans in a bowl. This will serve as filling for the baked apples.
- Core each apple using a knife or apple corer. Ensure roughly ½ inch of the apple remains at the bottom to serve as a sturdy base.
- Fill each apple with filling and top with a small square of butter.
- Bake apples at 350°F for 35 – 40 minutes in a baking dish filled with hot water. Apples should be tender but not overcooked.