You have the power to change lives by fundraising for liver research.
Founded in 1969, the Canadian Liver Foundation was the first organization in the world devoted to providing support for research and education into the causes, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of all liver diseases. Every year the CLF reaches over 2.7 million Canadians through our education and patient support programs along with other fundraising and outreach initiatives.
With less than 1% of the CLF’s funding coming from the government, we rely on the support and generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations to continue our mission of bringing liver research to life.
Fundraising is a great way to raise needed funds in support of liver research and education as well as to spread the word about our important work! Here are some ways you can personally support the CLF and encourage your company and employees to contribute their time and talents!
Make a Personal Goal
Maybe you have reached a milestone age, and you want to do something special to mark the occasion. We have developed a new tool to help you stay motivated, achieve your goal and raise funds to support lifesaving liver research as well as patient support, education and advocacy programs.
Here are a few examples of some personal goals:
- Run a marathon
- Lose weight
- Climb a mountain
It’s simple, here is what you do:
- Choose or set your goal.
- Set up a fundraising page using our new tool. You can post photos and videos (via YouTube link) about you and your goal.
- Email your friends and family members using our tool (it includes a link to your fundraising page). Tell them about your goal and how they can help you achieve it.
- Read messages and get motivated to continue your efforts in achieving your goal.
- Reach your goal and support liver research at the same time.
Your friends and family will:
- Support you by posting personal messages on your page’s board and donating to the CLF through our secure site
- Receive an electronic tax receipt automatically emailed after they donate
Click here to create your fundraising page!
Host an Event for the CLF
One of the many ways you can support the Canadian Liver Foundation is by planning and organizing an event. These are also sometimes referred to as a third party event.
Here are some examples of types of events you can organize:
- Golf tournaments
- Garage sales, bake sales, car washes
- Bowl-a-Thons, Yoga-Thons, Knit-a-Thons
- Dress Down Day at work
- Birthday, anniversary, Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebrations
- Outdoor BBQ
- Silent Auction
Some questions you may need to consider when planning your event:
- How will I promote my event? (flyers, e-vite, friends and family networks)
- What is the budget/expenses for my event?
- How many volunteers will I need and how will I recruit them?
- Will I need any licenses or permit for my event?
- Can I ask the Canadian Liver Foundation to issue tax receipts to guests/participants of my event?
We can support your efforts in many ways. This can include helping with permit and license applications, allowing use of the CLF logo on your materials, providing a letter of endorsement for your event, budget planning, creating a website to accept online donations and pledges for your event, issuing tax receipts to your guests/participants, and providing CLF information and brochures for your event.
Please contact a CLF chapter in your community or call our national office if you would like to organize an event to benefit the Canadian Liver Foundation, or if you have questions about doing so.
A corporate donation is a simple and efficient way to demonstrate your corporate support and show leadership to your clients, shareholders, staff and community. You will also benefit by reducing your corporate tax burden as we will provide you with a tax receipt for your philanthropic gift.
If your company would like to make a donation to the Canadian Liver Foundation, please contact Judy Thompson by email or phone at 1 (800) 563-5483 (Extension 4945). If you would prefer, you may also make your donation online or by mail.
Build team spirit and extend your corporate support of the Canadian Liver Foundation by involving your employees in your donation. There are many ways your employees can join you in your commitment to fighting liver disease:
- Employee groups: make the Canadian Liver Foundation your charity of choice for your corporate fundraising initiatives and direct your employee group donations to liver research and education.
- Matching gifts: demonstrate your commitment to your employees by matching their donations to the Canadian Liver Foundation.
- Employee participation: build team spirit and boost employee morale by encouraging your employees to participate in Canadian Liver Foundation events. Register a team in a walkathon or golf tournament and top it by issuing a “corporate challenge” to your fellow industry leaders. Your staff can also give the gift of time by offering their volunteer support in their communities.
- Employee Fundraising: encourage your staff to raise funds for the Canadian Liver Foundation. They can make the CLF their charity of choice for fundraising events. Federal and Provincial Government employees also have any opportunity to support the Canadian Liver Foundation through fundraising related to the Health Partners or Federated Health programs.
Click here to see how your company can become involved in a CLF signature event through program partnership!