There is a stereotype surrounding liver disease. Help us end it.
Statistics show that liver disease is on the rise. 1 in 4 Canadians may be affected by liver disease, including everyone from newborns to older adults.
Did you know?
- There are over 100 liver diseases caused by a variety of factors including; viruses, toxins, genetics, alcohol and unknown causes.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is the most common liver disease in Canada, affecting over 7 million people.
- Biliary atresia is the leading cause of liver failure in children.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose is the leading cause of acute liver failure
- Liver cancer is now one of the fastest rising and deadliest forms of cancer in Canada.
Learn about the most common forms of liver disease below.
Ordering Printed Materials
If you require printed materials of the diseases listed above, please submit a request by:
- Email: Send your request by email to publication orders
- Download our order form in (English/French), then fax completed form to 905-752-1540 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Make your request by phone at 1 800 563-5483
Please allow 2 to 3 weeks to process your order.