There is a stereotype surrounding liver disease. Help us end it.
Statistics show that liver disease is on the rise. 1 in 4 Canadians may be affected by liver disease, including everyone from newborns to older adults.
Did you know?
- There are over 100 liver diseases caused by a variety of factors including; viruses, toxins, genetics, alcohol and unknown causes.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is the most common liver disease in Canada, affecting over 7 million people.
- Biliary atresia is the leading cause of liver failure in children.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose is the leading cause of acute liver failure
- Liver cancer is now one of the fastest rising and deadliest forms of cancer in Canada.