Apple Turkey Burgers
- 12 ounces of lean ground turkey
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple (cored, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 6 ounces of cranberry sauce
- 4 small hamburger buns, whole-wheat
- 2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion (your choice)
- Preheat BBQ to a high setting (8+)
- In a bowl, mix turkey, apple, coriander, salt, pepper, and cranberry sauce together until thoroughly combined. Form turkey mixture into four patties.
- Reduce heat to medium. Place turkey burgers on the grill rack over heat. Cover and grill for 6-10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Place the opened bun on each plate. Top with the cooked turkey burger, lettuce, chopped tomato and chopped onion. Cover with the other half of bun.
Approximate nutrition details (per 1 of 4 servings)
- Calories 311
- Fat 8g
- Sodium 284mg
- Protein 21g
- Fiber 6g
- Carbohydrates 47g