Black Bean Brownies
Preparation and cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (one 15 oz. can) drained and rinsed very well
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
Approximate Nutrition Details per 1 slice (makes 9-12 brownies)
- Calories 115
- Fat 5.5g
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 2.5g